Christmas is a time of coziness, warmth, and beautiful decorations. On top of the traditional Christmas tree and Christmas decorations, why not complete the Christmas atmosphere in your home with flowers? Amaryllis and pre-forced bulbs are perfect for adding extra color and ambiance during the holidays.
A cozy Christmas atmosphere
At this time of year, large amaryllis flowers create a cozy Christmas atmosphere in the home. Make your amaryllis (Hippeastrum) an eye-catcher on the dining table or coffee table, or in the windowsill. Then just watch how wonderfully the bulb grows into a flower; it is a sight to behold!
During the Christmas season, you will find many pre-forced bulbs for sale such as hyacinths, daffodils, tulips, and white grape hyacinths.
- Hyacinths (Hyacinthus) are known for their delightful fragrance and come in a variety of colors, such as white, blue, and pink. Try combining them in a homemade Christmas flower arrangement.
- Daffodils (Narcissus) are often associated with spring, but they can bring a refreshing element during the Christmas season. The daffodils’ white and yellow colors remind us of rejuvenation and hope, befitting the Christmas spirit.
- Tulips (Tulipa) come in many colors, from bright-red to snow-white. They combine beautifully with pine branches and holly.
- In addition to the familiar blue grape hyacinths, white grape hyacinths (Muscari) are also available. Try combining them with other pre-forced bulbs or display them in a fun Christmas mug.
Adding amaryllis and pre-forced bulbs to your Christmas decorations will infuse your home with ambiance and vibrancy. Whether you choose amaryllis, tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, or blue and white grape hyacinths, flowers create a warm and cozy atmosphere during the holidays.
- Is there a birthday coming up, or do you want to give someone a Christmas gift with a difference? Why not buy an amaryllis bulb or pre-forced bulbs as a gift?
- Amaryllis and pre-forced bulbs are easy to care for and will flower for weeks. Give them a little water every week. That’s all there is to it!
- Combine pre-forced bulbs with Christmas greenery, Christmas decorations and a few tea lights to create an atmospheric Christmas table.
- Amaryllis bulbs will happily grow without soil. Place them on a dish with some Christmas greenery for a special table centerpiece on the Christmas table.