Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to openly declare your love to your (prospective) partner. Seduce her/him/them with tulips. These flowers are perfect for shamelessly proclaiming your love.
Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year, when everyone secretly hopes to be surprised. The language of flowers is a fascinating art, indispensable in this act of romance. Choose tulips for your crush! They are cheerful, lush and impetuous; they simply breathe love.
Which colour best conveys your message of love? With red tulips, you say: “I will love you forever.” If you’d rather avoid the standard red, pink tulips symbolise romantic love and yellow tulips express lightheartedness and sunshine. Nothing is weird or wrong. You will know the best fit for your Valentine.
If you want your love to enjoy their tulips for as long as possible, read these care tips:
- Buy fresh tulips. The deeper the flower bud is still in the leaf, the fresher they are.
- Make sure your tulips are properly wrapped before taking them home, to avoid damage or exposure to temperature fluctuations.
- Cut off the bottom of the stems diagonally with a clean, sharp knife, to allow the tulips to soak up as much water as possible.
- Start by putting the tulips in a dark place in water, so that they can fill up with water and acclimatise.
- Give your vase a good clean before use, so that bacteria do not get a chance to contaminate the tulips.
- Fill the vase with fresh room temperature tap water and change it daily.
- Add cut flower food or a scoop of sugar to the water to make sure the water stays clean for longer.
- Use a vase with plenty of room for the stems.