It´s easy to take care of bulb flowers. The only thing you need to do is put these beauties in a vase with water. After that you should be able to enjoy them for at least a week.
Enjoy bulb flowers longer
If you want to extend the period of flowering, please follow the following steps:
- Use a clean vase with clean water for the bulb flowers. A small amount of bleach in your vase water works well to control bacteria growth mentioned before and keep water clear.
- Treat the water to inhibit bacterial growth. Two tablespoons of sugar, apple cider vinegar, or even a penny at the bottom of the vase can keep your flowers looking fresh for longer.
- Trim the ends ot the stems a small amount and cut them at a 45° angle.
- Remove leaves, flowers, or branches which would fall below the water line. Having these in the water encourages bacteria growth.
- Daffodils produce milk that will harm other bulb flowers, so avoid using them in mixed bouquets.
- One of the things that causes cut flowers to wilt so quickly is bacteria in the water. The most basic thing you can do to preserve cut flowers is to change the water once a day.
- Once flowers start to get really wilted, pinch them off. This will help keep the plant from throwing a bunch of energy into maintaining them.